“We have demonstrated over 26 years that nonprofits can more effectively and efficiently insure themselves by pooling their risks. Working together, we have returned $180 million to the nonprofit sector, funds that otherwise would have become profits for the insurance industry. Please join us. We are stronger together!”
– Pamela Davis, Founder, President and CEO
The Nonprofits Insurance Alliance Group demonstrates the power of nonprofits working together.
Safeguarding your mission and protecting the nonprofit sector is why we exist.
Over the past 26 years, the Nonprofits Insurance Alliance Group has been growing quietly within the nonprofit sector, helping nonprofits make efficient use of their insurance dollars and reducing accidents and injury.
By keeping nonprofit funds in our sector and working together to lower our risks, money is redirected into services in our communities that otherwise would end up as executive bonuses and shareholder profits.
Nonprofits Protecting Nonprofits
The Nonprofits Insurance Alliance Group exists only to serve the charitable nonprofit community. Savings are passed on to our member nonprofits through fair and stable pricing, free and highly discounted loss control services and, when results are better than expected, through the payment of generous dividends. We now set the standard for coverages and services for the nonprofit sector in the insurance marketplace.
The mission of the Nonprofits Insurance Alliance Group is twofold:
1) To provide a stable source of liability insurance tailored to the specialized needs of the nonprofit sector, and
2) To assist our members with programs, tools and training that minimize their risk, protect their clients, employees and volunteers.
A Head for Insurance. A Heart for Nonprofits
Our tagline encapsulates our mission:
First, the expertise we have acquired in 26 years of insuring nonprofits;
Second, our commitment to support the real value nonprofits are creating in our communities.
The Nonprofit Insurance Alliance Group is a group of nonprofit insurance cooperatives that serve only 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations. The Group is rated A VIII (Excellent) by A.M. Best and currently operates in 32 states and DC, insuring more than 14,500 nonprofits.
The Nonprofits Insurance Alliance Group is comprised of four nonprofit organizations:
- Nonprofits Insurance Alliance of California (NIAC), which provides liability insurance to nonprofits in California;
- Alliance of Nonprofits for Insurance, Risk Retention Group (ANI), which provides liability insurance to nonprofits outside of California;
- National Alliance of Nonprofits for Insurance (NANI), which provides property reinsurance, and;
- Alliance Member Services (AMS), which provides staff, services and support to the other three companies.